Wednesday, June 30, 2004

jet tub...

In response to my last posting, anonymous (you know who you are :-) said:

"Gratz on your new house,
I moved into mine last weekend
... mmm jet tub"


I have to say I agree 100%. I can't wait to move into a house with a) a jet tub and b) a tub (any tub) that is not in the basement, built directly on rather cold concrete. Let me tell you, it simply doesn't matter how hot the water is going into the tub, after about 30 seconds that tub is COLD! At least in the new house I'll have three tubs to choose from... how silly is that!! Yes, I designed it that way. My parents don't like showers, so had to build in a tub for Granny when she visits :-) What else can I not wait for? Oh, how about SPACE, and no music through the wall night after night, and light in my bedroom, and no spiders (they like our basement), and many other things. Oh yes, and not having to sneak down the hall to the bathroom without my kids hearing me, that one definitely deserves mention.

What am I not looking forward to? Living in a fishbowl (no blinds or curtains yet, we'll figure that out after we move in); no yard -- or at least, there is a yard, it's just all dirt, and there's no fence yet; construction everywhere (dust dust and more ... dust!); oh, and did I mention moving? Sigh.

BTW, congrats back at ya!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will like your jet tub :) I have been in my house for 6 days and I have used it 8 times :) I am rather frightened to see my water bill. It is nice to have a bathtub that not only I fit in but in which both Cheryl and I can spend time comfortably.

Room is a definate plus as is the lack of spiders, not that they bother me but it spares my poor ears a bunch of abuse :)

Do not feel too odd about having 3 bathtubs, I have 4 bathrooms ... 3 full baths and 1 half bath. More bathrooms are good.

Now all I need to do is run gas into my laundry room ... I seriously miss having a gas dryer.

I too have definately noticed that the water stays a more comfortable temperature in a non basement bathtub :)

I am looking forward to building my next house though ... I think that will be fun.

Kevin

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home