Thursday, June 10, 2004

some ladies to check out

1. Not sure I like her attitude -- a little too much arrogance? but she's definitely got what it takes -- Ms. Barrino of recent American Idol fame. And that leads me to this blog, renaissance sistah who has a song of Fantasia's on her website. And whatever I may or may not like about Fantasia, that girl can SING! Her rendition of "Summertime" literally gave me goosebumps, and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to music. I liked the blog because I went to visit it to just to hear the song and the first line of her June 5 entry caught my eye:
"Lately, the sun shines brightly, colors swirl and the music plays on, but within me it's quiet, and I'm at peace."


2. netwoman also deserves a visit; she's the one who referred to the blog above. LOT's of interesting comment on women and technology and blogging and the internet. In fact, she's doing a PhD in the area -- I'd love to get in on that research, I wonder if she'd like to collaborate? I should ask...



Speaking of women and the internet, whose chair is that? The one in front of the computer? For those with kids, is it Mummy's or Daddy's? In our house, it is apparently Daddy's according to our 3-year old daughter. Which is a truly odd thing seeing as how I'm a COMPUTER SCIENTIST. Guess I need to work on the gender balance of computer usage in our house... although it's mostly because dh is home more than I am while the kids are awake, so the person they see USING the machine is him, while I do my work on it while they are asleep. Who the hell can actually do anything productive or interesting on a computer with kids around anyway, that's what I want to know! Certainly not me.... maybe it's a talent, or a skill I need to learn.



ps thanks, tina, for your encouragement of my blogging... that helps a lot!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is easy to do stuff on the computer with kids around. You just have to be doing low intelegence activities. Games and the such can be interupted. A PhD can not.
Miss you both.

D

9:57 AM  
Blogger Sylentlucidity said...

Ya, what he said..

I usually compose whatever I'm going to say long before I sit down and say it. It speeds up the absences, and means less crying from upstairs ;)

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home