html - the attraction
Why do I get so engrossed in redesigning my web pages? I've done it twice for my blog, now, and once (this year) for my work pages. Odd. It's somewhat visually satisfying, I guess, but it's also so frustrating because I have this picture in my head of how things should look, and I can never quite get there. I also don't have the patience to design cute graphics, so I'm a little hampered there! But I really do spend amazing amounts of time tweaking things here, adjusting things there, and there's no mileage in it. I mean, there's probably maybe 5 people reading this blog, so I'm spending all this time for 5 people plus myself. And it's not a particularly easy-to-read colour scheme, so I can't even say I'm doing it for my readers. I really have to find another hobby; I envy those of you who can write serious, or even not-so-serious fiction that kind of expresses who you are; the inner self, if you know what I mean. I feel somewhat handicapped in that regard. Guess one can't have everything!

1 Comments:
You do a great job of expressing yourself Jackie. Even if there's only 5 of us that read this. I personally enjoy reading your blog because it keeps us up to date on things in Leth. Don't feel bad that you don't pour your thoughts and feelings into the posts like someone else you know...it can be embaressing more often then not ;) Whether you accomplish anything with your blog or not...do you enjoy it? Because that's what it's for...personal gratification...a narcissistic hobby if you will. At least imho :)
Post a Comment
<< Home