Wednesday, September 01, 2004

stuff

another update for you folks out in rainy Victoria (heh heh heh) -- started on the basement this week; gotta frame in the main room, then do the electrical (that's my job) and then put up the drywall (definitely NOT my job). We're hoping to pay for someone to mud, then do the painting ourselves. That, and the new semester starts next week. No problem! ya right.

got a little too much on my plate right now; my dept is asking if I want to delay tenure -- how the |#$%&#@@ can I tell, that's three years away! And the basement, and Joe's pretty much bedridden with the flu. Plus I'm teaching three courses this term and my two grad students are due to arrive next week. No stress there... did you know that the tax assessors here actually will peer thru our windows to see if we've finished the basement, because then they get to charge more tax. I think that is a huge violation of our privacy. I understand lots of people lie to them, but hey, give us a chance to be honest! So that's another thing; I'm making curtains for the basement so that my privacy is a little more difficult to violate :-) That pretty much sums stuff up for now.

Oh yeah, I just had to comment on the Google ads; I love the way they choose ads based on the content of the last few blogs. Obviously I've been putting in too much about the kids, cuz my ads were all about getting your kids to sleep thru the night :-) Andra usually sleeps just fine, 7-7 woohoo! Not lately, but I don't blame her. She's teething and fighting that flu bug. I'm fighting it too, so we all know exactly what she is dealing with :-(

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylentlucidity said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Remember to stop and take a deep breath to relax every once and awhile :)
A hot bath in a locked bathroom works as well ;)

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home