Tuesday, October 28, 2008

new knitting project

I ran across these the other day: babylegs, some also call them Huggalugs, although I can't seem the find the website for that brand. In any case, they're basically baby legwarmers. I figured I could make some for the baby, nice for the upcoming cold weather when layering is almost essential, but getting a bundled baby into a car seat is the biggest pain in the @#$$!

So I'm making my first attempt:
- using smallish dpns (size 10 or 11, that is 3 to 3.25 mm) and a nice stretchy yarn cast on 30 stitches
- distribute over three needles
- work knit 1 perl 1 ribbing for about 2 to 3 cm
- switch to knit; knit until desired length -- I did up to just over the baby's knee
- switch back to knit 1 perl 1 ribbing for another 4 cm (that should take me to baby's thigh, almost meeting the diaper)
- use a nice stretch bind off like one of the ones here: weebleknits.blogspot.com

When I'm done I'll post some pics...

I'm using yarn I unraveled from a pair of knitted pants, so hopefully I'll have enough left to do a pair of these baby booties that match :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home