Saturday, February 03, 2007

and sometimes y

I was listening to and sometimes y on CBC today, and they made up their own word: wordjolist. Said like pugilist, only with "word" instead of "pu". So I made up my own word. I've decided I'm a gnurd. It's nerd, spelled with a gnu. You other gnurds out there will get it :-)

And in other news -- I've GOT to get around to uploading some pics one of these days, because the socks I've been knitting have turned out pretty darn fine, if I do say so myself. They're cosy and comfy and best of all I can knit them without going broke buying all sorts of fancy dancy yarn! Also, K's birthday is coming up so i'm trying out this pattern: (click on the pic for the whole pattern), only of course in pink. And the adult-sized baby-clothes rag quilt took its next step in its creation today; I sewed together all the little squares (it's made of 17 big squares and 72 little squares). Things are going to slow down soon, though. The ugly job of packing is soon going to rear its ugly head.

I'm very proud of myself for actually finishing a bunch of projects, too, so I'll have to post pics of them. The ones I mentioned in October (projects) are actually all done, but the dress turned out kind of weird, and the cardigan got left at my parents' house, so no pics of that for a while :-( I made about 10 pairs of the fingerless gloves, tho; they were quite the success! And I suspect that I'm the only one who cares. Too bad, it's my blog and I can talk about anything I want.

Going back to the language theme that I started this post with (or should I say, with which I started this post), have I mentioned that we might try french immersion schooling with our kids? It would mean school bus rides every day for the kids, though, and I'm not so sure about that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home