I wanna be a geek!
i love being wireless; it means I can post blogs more often (usually between commercials :-).
So, have you seen the show Beauty and the Geek? If not you haven't missed anything; I've seen maybe 5 or 10 minutes of two episodes and I was disgusted each time. Yes, it's ANOTHER reality show (when are they going to go out of style??? I can't wait...) but it teams up a bunch of male "geeks" with a bunch of female beauty queens. The men are all extremely smart (doctors, lawyers, etc. etc. etc.) but not so successful with women, and the women are all very attractive but not so smart.
It's truly embarrassing.
I don't mind the idea of teaming up "beauties" and "geeks" but why do the men have to be the smart ones? I wanna be a geek! I actually looked at the application form, but you have to be american citizens to apply. oh well... just another example of our society portraying being smart as equating with being male/socially inept/unattractive. Way to go, people -- I'm sure that the teenagers watching this show are going to get the "right" message (yes; in case you weren't sure, that was sarcasm).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home