Saturday, April 03, 2004

My friends and I have started a weekly ladies' night out. I'm really looking forward to it! I find it difficult to get out of the house and do things on my own (except for work and that doesn't count); there's always at least one kid wanting or needing to tag along, or hubby is out somewhere so I have to look after the kids. Not that I don't enjoy spending time with my kids, it's just that having some adult, and lately, female adult conversation has been lacking in my life.

Let's face it, there are just some things that the girls understand, and the guys don't. Most guys. Well, maybe they pretend not to.

So last week we went to see the movie Calendar Girls. Great flick! Must see. Here's the trailer if you want a preview. I laughed, I cried, etc. I found it took me a little to get used to the Yorkshire accent, but my friend who I was with had no troubles with it, so maybe that's just me. The ladies in the movie are part of the WI (Women's Institute); it seemed like a kind of girl guides for grown-ups. I've never had a lot of really close female friends, and this WI seemed a neat way for the women in the community to stay close. I don't think our little night out makes us a WI, but it's got similarities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home